Become a Living Well Leader!
Living Well is designed to be led by peer leaders. This means anyone who has personal experience with managing ongoing health conditions can become a leader. We train leaders who live in Central Oregon.
We offer training in all of our Living Well programs: Chronic Conditions, Chronic Pain, and Diabetes. Becoming a Living Well Leader helps you to stay connected to the tools in the program while helping others. Each workshop is led by 2 leaders, so you are not on your own!
Who can be a Living Well Leader?
- Anyone who has attended a Living Well workshop
- Anyone who wants to help others live a healthier life
What does it mean to become a leader?
- You can commit to co-leading at least 1 workshops each year (each workshop is 6 weeks long)
- Community leaders receive a $400 stipend for each workshop
What qualities do leaders have?
- Able to read, write and speak the language of participants
- Comfortable speaking in front of a group
- Can facilitate group activities
- Sticks to time and agendas
- Works well with co-leader
- Respects co-leader and all participants
- Does not judge people or their life choices
- Handles difficult group situations
What is Leader Training like?
- All trainings are held on Zoom
- Virtual Leader Trainings are six weeks long, meeting for two days each week
- Trainings are provided at no cost to leaders
- We provide all materials for training